Chef Kate was busy Easter morning, so I figured I'd pass on my recipe for my centerpiece, Egg Souffle with Fresh Herbs. The recipe basis comes from a delicious meal at this bed and breakfast I stayed at in California. I got the recipe from the owner but lost it, so I recreated it from memory and added a few ingredients. Below the fold.
Egg Souffle with Fresh Herbs
3 teaspoons finely chopped chives
2 teaspoons finely chopped basil
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
Small handful chopped red bell pepper
3/4 cup mozarella cheese (you can subsitute cheddar or a stronger cheese if you prefer)
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup plain yogurt (if you don't want to use yogurt, use 1/2 cup milk total instead)
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch of pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Break eggs into a medium mixing bowl; beat for a minute
3. Add all the other ingredients, adding the herbs and vegetables last
4. Pour into individual souffle dishes, no more than half full; or a large square pyrex dish.
5. Bake approximately 35 minutes or until bake rises and is slightly golden on top. Serve immediatley.